10.20.2008

No Escape

What does your servant say to you, the infinite, the self existing God?

Oh, Jesus. You are so amazing. I've been so unfaithful and unworthy, yet there you are picking me up out of the dirt again, washing my wounds, healing me. I've been a fool sweet Savior, I've fought you every step of the way, but you have gently guided me through the dangerous world and my dangerous mind to a deeper safety in you.

I've used up every excuse in the book and now I stand faced with your goodness and your call. I admit defeat. Checkmate. I submit to your will. I vow obedience and loyalty to your glory at all cost. Lord, please give me the desire and faith to carry out my promise to you. I don't want to be the worker who says, "Yes", and does not go. Make me faithful, as I am yet rebellious in this life. I give you my thoughts that they would be inspired of you. I give you my heart that I may fall deeply in love with you. I give you my soul to only know you.

The world is huge and sinister. I'm a helpless child in a lion's den, and I will obey your every command as I have no other option for survival. Every second terrifies me and the pitfalls are beyond my reckoning. Please show me that you are the only one to be feared and that this world is yours. Consume me. I want to die to this world and to myself, that I may be only yours.
Destroy me that I may know all I have is you. Crush every idol in my heart without reservation. Claim me as your property, because I long to be yorus.

Create in me a clean heart, Oh God,
And renew a right spirit within me.

Cast me not away from thy presence, Oh Lord,
And take not thy Holy Spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation,
And renew a right spirit within me.

No comments: